7.28.2008

Start Here: A Genesis.

Welcome to Reach Back & Gro' @ duafe-sankofa.blogspot.com. The premise of this blog is to chronicle my own journey while providing tips and information for happy hair growing. 

About the blogger: I'm Eunique a nineteen [19] year-old HBCU sophomore. I enjoy journalism, politics, literature, sneakers, writing and hair care. I've been natural since 12|27|07 and am in love with the tresses God has given me.

About the blogger's hair: My hair type is a mixture of 4a, 3c, 4b. The majority of my head is 4a, but the very back center is covered in 3c curls and the rest of my head is littered with spots of 4b.

The longest parts of my hair are about 3in long and the shortest about 2in save for a spot on the left upper nape which is less than an inch due to steady breakage. This has been a problem area for as long as I can remember.

About the blogger's regimen: I can normally be found sporting a wash&go or some type of 'out' style whether it be from the unraveling of braids or double strand flat-twists.

I cleanse my hair every weekend. I sometimes cleanse with only conditioner [V05 Free Me Freesia or Suave Aloe&Water Lily] or with shampoo [Mane 'n Tail Moisturizing Shampoo]; however, I'm looking into trying the Organix brand shampoo/conditioner in the near future. After cleansing I deep condition. I alternate between ORS Replenishing Paks and Nexxus Humectress or my special Coco-Condish. I then proceed to style or let my hair air-dry and shrink up. If I'm not wearing an 'out' then I co-wash daily with the V05 or Suave conditioners.

 


No comments: